The Fall 2022 Weaverville Art Safari will be held 11/5-11/6
If you live in Weaverville and want to participate as an artist, you must jury in. The time frame to apply for Jury is July 15 – July 31, 2022. Application for jurying will not be accessible before OR after this time period.
- Members must reside within our established geographical boundaries.Defined Geographical Area Includes:▪ 28787 zip code area ▪ 28804 north of Baird Cove Rd ▪ 28709 west of a vertical line from the Buncombe-Madison County line through the intersection of Martins Creek & Maney Mountain roads to the 28787 zip code line. ▪ 28701 east of the French Broad River or 28701 east of a southerly driving route from the river on Franklin Knoll Rd to Fletcher Martin to Embler to Cross Anchor to Sluder to Rhymer. The southern boundary of this section of 28701 is formed by a horizontal line extending from Rhymer to the river.
- All Art Exhibited and promoted on the Brochure/website during the studio Tour Must belong to the Member artist, who demonstrates a proficient mastery of their chosen craft and an ability to explain their process to Studio Visitors. Work must be handmade, and reflect a good level of craftsmanship. Reproductions and factory made/assisted work must not make up more than 10% of the Member’s work. The exceptions being in the Fine Art Category, where printed series,giclee and photography reprints are common.
- Current Categories of Art Safari Artists include: Glass, Wood, Clay, Fiber, Jewelry, Fine Art, Mixed Media
- Members must verify during tour registration that their exhibit site is safe for tour-goers and that they are comfortable with their personal insurance provisions for having visitors during art safari tours. WAS does not provide such insurance to members.
- Members must pay tour registration fees, and perform work assignments in support of organizational activities.
Fall Registration Deadline: August 15th
VISITING ARTISTS need not apply to the jurying process. They are guests of a resident member artist, who has vetted their work. You must make arrangements with a resident member prior to signing up and paying. Please select “Visiting Artist” at checkout if you have been invited to exhibit by a current Safari member artist. Once your page has been reviewed and confirmed that your resident artist has agreed to host you, your page will be published.