The Fall 2022 Weaverville Art Safari will be held 11/5-11/6
Registration for the Fall 2022 Art Safari will be 7/15/22 through 8/15/22.
If you are a Weaverville artist who has NOT been juried and/or participated in the Art Safari previously, you will need to go through the jury process. You may do so by completing a new member application. This process opens on 7/15/2022 and runs through 7/31/2022. If Accepted, you will be notified through email and will be given the opportunity to pay and register until 8/15/22.
If you are signing up as a resident artist, that means that you have already gone through our jury process and have been accepted as a member. Resident artists (already juried) have between 7/15/22 and 8/15/22 to register.
Again, If you live in Weaverville and want to participate as an artist, you must jury in. New Weaverville artist members to our Safari must be juried. Time frame to apply for Jury is July 15 – July 31, 2022.
- Members must reside within our established geographical boundaries.Defined Geographical Area Includes:▪ 28787 zip code area ▪ 28804 north of Baird Cove Rd ▪ 28709 west of a vertical line from the Buncombe-Madison County line through the intersection of Martins Creek & Maney Mountain roads to the 28787 zip code line. ▪ 28701 east of the French Broad River or 28701 east of a southerly driving route from the river on Franklin Knoll Rd to Fletcher Martin to Embler to Cross Anchor to Sluder to Rhymer. The southern boundary of this section of 28701 is formed by a horizontal line extending from Rhymer to the river.
- All Art Exhibited and promoted on the Brochure/website during the studio Tour Must belong to the Member artist, who demonstrates a proficient mastery of their chosen craft and an ability to explain their process to Studio Visitors. Work must be handmade, and reflect a good level of craftsmanship. Reproductions and factory made/assisted work must not make up more than 10% of the Member’s work. The exceptions being in the Fine Art Category, where printed series,giclee and photography reprints are common.
- Current Categories of Art Safari Artists include: Glass, Wood, Clay, Fiber, Jewelry, Fine Art, Mixed Media
- Members must verify during tour registration that their exhibit site is safe for tour-goers and that they are comfortable with their personal insurance provisions for having visitors during art safari tours. WAS does not provide such insurance to members.
- Members must pay tour registration fees, and perform work assignments in support of organizational activities.
Choose your level
Art Safari Membership Jury
If you are a Weaverville resident or a part of a Weaverville business, you can become an Art Safari Member Artist. In order to do so you must select “New Member Jury” at checkout and complete your profile. The cost to apply as a new member is $0. If juried into the Safari, you will then checkout as a member artist. Once you become a juried member, you remain one in perpetuity.
The jury process for new member applications starts on 7/15/2022 and runs through 7/31/2022. Application for jurying will not be accessible until this time frame.
VISITING ARTISTS need not apply to the jurying process. They are guests of a resident member artist, who has vetted their work. You must make arrangements with a resident member prior to signing up and paying. Please select “Visiting Artist” at checkout if you have been invited to exhibit by a current Safari member artist. Once your page has been reviewed and confirmed that your resident artist has agreed to host you, your page will be published.